Wednesday, May 2, 2007

12AX7 Tube preamp

This tube preamp came as a Australian kit (now discontinued). It comes complete (no case) with PS. The PS is a switch mode type. You get to wind your own transformer. There is only 93 turns in total so it is not too hard. The PS does not effect the quality of the audio.

The Cd player is the NAD C542 which has been replaced by an Onkyo 7555. The cables are Transparents which have been replaced by my own Silver Highways which will appear as a separate Blog

It was my intention to keep the front panel blank apart from the blue led. On-Off switch and all connections are at the back. Foolishly I only install one set of inputs. In the third one of these I am building I will have two switchable inputs. Also the valves will be exposed. The inside will be very similar to this one. See the other Blog of the preamp to view the brd. layout. Also follow the link for more about this great preamp:- diyaudioprojects

No comments: