Sunday, September 28, 2008

SE 6T9 UL amp curcuit board

This Spare Time Gizmo cct. brd. only cost $AU16 and is double sided, screen printed and solder masked. I used it in both 6T9 amps. The components are quality without getting into exotica were available form my local electronics hobby shop. The coupling and input caps I increased to .22uf metallised polypropylene types and the final PS cap I doubled in capacity. Snubbing was added to the diodes and the PS caps. Edcor SE OPTs (XSE15-8-5K) were used and the UL tap wired to pin 10 of the valve sockets. The screen grid resistor left out. The power tranny is Hammond and I went slightly over-size. This is an excellent sounding amp and I would recommend it to any builder of audio gear wanting to try valve amp construction.

1 comment:

Divali said...

Here's my 6T9 project... https://galimaufrey.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/6t9-valve-audio-amplifier.html

Julian.